Local Horse Help has an array of Horse Transporters listing their services with us so that owners can find service providers in their locality or that operate nationally across the UK.
If you are charged a fee over and above the cost of petrol to transport your horse the transporter is operating a commercial business and must therefore abide by the regulations laid out by DEFRA.
These regulations cover:
- Animal welfare during transport
- Transporter authorisation
- Certificate of vehicle approval
- Certificate of competence
- Journey logs / animal transport certificates (where relevant)
There are also new rules regarding international transport that come into force on 1st January 2021. Current information is here.