There is a lot of great advice around to help you manage the firework season safely.
Here are our top tips:
- Stable your horse if possible.
- Keep the yard securely closed in case any horses get loose.
- Have constant background noise that the horse is used to running all through the night: music, radio, an electric fan to minimise the shock of loud bangs
- Keep the stable lights on to minimise the effects of flashes.
- Remove any obstacles that a frightened horse might get tangled with.
- Check in with your horse if possible at intervals.
- Take any opportunities in advance to get your horse used to loud noises safely.